Wednesday, July 13

Gorgeous blogger award

One of the great things about blogging is getting to know new people, learning about new things... And one of the downsides is that the amount of information can be overwhelming. I tried to use Google Reader to keep track of all the blogs I like, but with a 1000+ unread items, that doesn't seem to be working...


So that's why I only just found out that our blog had been awarded with a “Gorgeous Blogger Award” by

Racaire http://embroidery.racaire.at/?cat=17

Christina http://stolte.wordpress.com/

Eva http://evagrelsdotter.blogspot.com/2011/03/award.html

Neulakko http://www.neulakko.net/?paged=2

Thank you so much *BLUSH* and SORRY for not responding earlier....


Receiving this award means you have to answer 5 questions and pass it on to 5 other bloggers. Since we're unable to choose only 5 people, we're going to dedicate this award to everyone who reads our blog. Thank you so much!!


And now the questions:


1. When did you start your blog?
Isis started it in 2006 (I had to check our archives) and she asked me to join her shortly after. (So it's our fifth anniversary this year, I hadn't even realized that!)

2. What do you write about?
We're both in Deventer Burgerscap, a reenactment group that depicts life around ca 1370 in the city of Deventer, The Netherlands. We try to focus on those medieval textile crafts that could have been produced and/or used by everyday people in that period, such as clothing, pouches, household linens..

3. What makes your blog special compared to other blogs
? I'm very glad this is not a job interview, next question please :-)

4. What made you start writing?
Writing a blog is all about connecting with likeminded people, sharing tips, information, tutorials, good practices etc. In my day job (university researcher in the field of applied linguistics) I usually don't meet people who are interested in medieval textile crafts, so blogging is a great way to expand my horizon :-)

5. What would you like to change in your blog?
Obviously, we would both like to write more, but with our families, jobs … it's quite difficult. We're amazed (and very happy!) that you keep reading our blog, even though we don't write that often.

And now I'm curious: who started this award? Please tell us if you know. It's a great initiative to learn more about the people in our community!

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

Congratulations, I love your blog, the photos of the old textiles you find and the way you recreate costume and accessories of the period. Keep up the good work.

Yes I agree, google reader can be overwhelming.

Nereida said...

Congratulations for this award. I have found your blog really inspiring and I really apreciate the work you make writting it.
Thank you : )