It's been a while since I last posted about this project! I am now a little over half way with the embroidery (I made some more progress since these photos were taken).
I want to finish it this winter, because I want to start a new embroidery project next season wich will involve naturally dyed filament silk, hopefully, when I get round to dyeing this winter. I have been wanting to work with naturally dyed silk for long, but couldn't find filament silk in naturel dyes readily available, only spun silk it seems. But after seeing this wonderfull purse by Miriam of Diu Minnezit, I decided to dye my own.