Monday, January 5

Border in interlacing stitch finally finished :-)



I finally finished the first part of my 14th century tablecloth: a border in interlacing stitch :-) It's about 100 cm by 5 cm. It took me about 30 hours: I needed about 1,5 hours for each sequence (the close-up above shows 2 sequences).

You can find pictures of similar whitework borders here, here (the one I'm trying to re-create) and here. I wrote a tutorial for this type of embroidery here.

7 comments:

Gina-B said...

Stunning!!

Happy new year!

Louise Schelde said...

Very, Very beautyful!

Racaire said...

Lovely!!!

Machteld said...

Thanks!

Happy new year to you all too!

Edith of Hedingham said...

HI there,

I really liked this! But I looked at your tutorial and I couldn't quite work out how you had done the lacing.

Machteld said...

This website shows how the basis stitches are made:

http://armenianembroidery.tripod.com/

Isis said...

super-super-supermooi!